Monday, June 04, 2007

Remember me

Hello my dearest family & friends,
 
Our middle son, Steven, left Sunday afternoon (June 3, 2007)  with his recruiting sergeant to go to his basic training in Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. Needless to say I was missing him and was weepy before he even left.
 
He called us Sunday night from the Hilton they have him in to let us know what was going on and all of that.
 
He spent the ENTIRE day today at the airport in Indianapolis. His flight was scheduled to take off at 6PM this evening, taking him into Dallas, TX and then hopping a commuter to Ft. Sill. At the very last minute, his flight was canceled. I'm so thankful I got to talk to him again today though.
 
He's going to call us tomorrow with his new flight plans. He will be on his way at some point tomorrow. He will get to call us when he gets to Ft. Sill to let us know he got there okay. Then we won't get to talk to him again until his graduation from Basic Training. We can write to him though! If you would like to write to him you can email me your letters and I can include them with mine or you can email me privately for his address so you can mail them to him yourself. Every letter he gets will help him make it through basic.
 
I feel bad for all those kids that will be in basic. You know they get awfully homesick. But I am extremely proud as well, ya know?
 
I'm missing him so much... I don't even want to think about then next nine or so weeks. *sniff*
 
A dear friend sent me the following and this is IMPORTANT! I agree with her that every single person in the USA should watch this.
 
Get a hankie ready. I cried. It's something that you can watch and while you may feel a little sadness, the feeling of pride that courses through you is unmeasurable.
 
Love,
Stormy


     Absolutely fabulous! Everybody in the U.S. should see this.

     Subject: a U-Tube film short by a 15 year old girl

     The following is the hottest thing on the internet and on Fox News
     today.

     Lizzie Palmer who put this You Tube program together is 15 years old.


     There have been over 3,000,000 hits as of this morning. In case you
missed it, here it is.


     
http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1
 
Free Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!

No comments: