Monday, June 26, 2006

A letter and more

I got a letter by snail mail today from our state representative in the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington, D.C.

In was in re of the email I sent to his office about the proposed cut in the funding of mental health.

It was nothing more then a load of double speak. Basically he said he'd mention it if he thought of it. He said the budget *had* to cut funds somewhere. Come on! Give me a break!

In other news, I recently fired my general practioner (family doctor) because his staff basically makes being one of his patients unbarable. Not to mention his practice has rolled so far down hill since 20 years ago that it is ridiculous. He used to actually care about his patients. Now when he walks into the exam room you are in, he doesn't see you as a person, all he sees are money signs sitting on his tables.

So anyway, I fired him on the 13th and reported him to Medicaid. I actually fired him through Medicaid. They are the ones who notified his office. Then to cover his own ass, his staff writes this letter that says, "I am resigning as your doctor, blah, blah, blah". The letter was dated on the 14th. Imagine that.

Well, he is obliged by law to still provide the meds I need refilled until HIS cutoff date of July 14th. I'm seeing the new doctor I chose on the 6th anyway, but anywho, I called in my prescription for the Duragesic patches I am on. I went in there today to pick up the prescription and walk across the hall to the pharmacy to have it filled.

Well the "Office Manager" called me back into an exam room. I had had an appointment with the doctor on the 13th, which was the day the straw broke the camel's back with me and I fired him. Well, on that day the doctor wanted me to take a urine test. No big deal.

Well today his office manager shows me this paper that said I didn't have ANY meds in me at all. No oxycodone, duh, the dr. refused to rewrite the script on the 13th; No hydrocodone, which is a flat out lie. I have to take them everyday and I end up running out about the middle of the month because he refuses to give me a stronger pain med so I take more of them then prescribed! But yeah, I KNOW there is hydrocodone in my system. No Soma, well hello, the last script of those I had was LAST month and I am out of them! And he even tested for my xanex and other mental health drugs and said none of those were in my system either which is another flat out lie. He is so full of shit it's no wonder his eyes are brown!!! It's not up to him to test me for my MI meds in the first damned place!!!!

That test was fixed by his office for some reason. Well, the reason is because his staff didn't want to have to deal with me anymore, that's the reason.

So I called Medicaid when I got home and put another formal complaint on him to add to their investigation of him and I am going to call the AMA tomorrow and file complaints as well.

So I will not be getting any of my pain meds until the 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you read that right. I will have to suffer with my back pain until then. The doctor's office I switched to had no openings until the 6th. She did say if they have a cancelation on the fifth that she would call so I could come in then.

I really hate doctors around here. All of them. They are not in the profession to help people any more. They are only interested in the money they get. *sigh*

Stormy

No comments: